We will try again today to help you to solve the small complications associated with your car. We have not too long ago discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will look into an annoying issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Citroen Cactus . And to correct this, we will first try to understand why the wipers on your Citroen Cactus remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Citroen Cactus stay stuck?
So we will start our content with the explanations of the stuck wipers of your Citroen Cactus . To begin with we will look into the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Citroen Cactus stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one by one the different complications that can cause the front wipers of your Citroen Cactus to get stuck :
- One of the most general motives of front wipers getting stuck on your Citroen Cactus is associated with the engine that drives them, in reality, these engines can, over time, lose power, and eventually need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less general, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked due to an object that prevents the blades from working, have a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will locate that your front wipers are going slower, check fairly quickly the cause of the problems or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Citroen Cactus may not work due to a defective comodo. To evaluate this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Citroen Cactus are blocked due to a power failure, so you will have to check two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Citroen Cactus stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Citroen Cactus , the origins of your complications are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can cause complications just on the rear windshield of your Citroen Cactus. So, make sure to conduct the same checks as discovered in the previous component of this content.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Citroen Cactus?
Finally, to do this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to ensure that the wipers on your Citroen Cactus are unlocked and that they work properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Citroen Cactus?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be the same and we will outline them one by one in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on Citroen Cactus, do not think twice to seek advice from our article on this issue.
- In this case, you will have to find the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (take care there must be several of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Citroen Cactus
- In this scenario, it will be quite basic but expensive to change your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will be able to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Citroen Cactus wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last scenario, you will have to find the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the defective component
If you wish more tutorials on the Citroen Cactus, go to our Citroen Cactus category.