We will try again today to help you to fix the small complications associated with your car. We have recently discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will look into an annoying issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Chevrolet Silverado . And to remedy this, we will first try to understand why the wipers on your Chevrolet Silverado remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Chevrolet Silverado stay stuck?
So we will start our content page with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your Chevrolet Silverado . To begin with we will look into the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Chevrolet Silverado stuck in up or down position?
We will move through one at a time the different complications that can cause the front wipers of your Chevrolet Silverado to get stuck :
- One of the most common motives of front wipers getting stuck on your Chevrolet Silverado is associated with the engine that drives them, in reality, these engines can, with time, lose power, and ultimately need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less common, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked because of an object that prevents the blades from working, examine up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will discover that your front wipers are going slower, check quickly the trigger of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Chevrolet Silverado may not work because of a faulty comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your Chevrolet Silverado are blocked because of a power failure, so you will have to check two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Chevrolet Silverado stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Chevrolet Silverado , the roots of your complications are more or less the same. Nevertheless there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can cause complications just on the rear windshield of your Chevrolet Silverado. So, remember to execute similar inspections as discovered in the previous part of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Chevrolet Silverado?
At last, for this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to make sure that the wipers on your Chevrolet Silverado are unlocked and that they work effectively again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Chevrolet Silverado?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will outline them one by one in this part, it is up to you to adapt them to the part that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on Chevrolet Silverado, do not think twice to consult our article on this issue.
- In such a case, you will have to locate the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be cautious there must be several of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. At last, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Chevrolet Silverado
- In this situation, it will be quite simple but expensive to change your commodo, the part generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Chevrolet Silverado wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to locate the origin of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty part
To find more tips on the Chevrolet Silverado, take a look at the Chevrolet Silverado category.