We will try again in this article to help you to resolve the small complications associated with your car. We have not too long ago seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, in this article we will concentrate on an irritating issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on BMW X6 . And to correct this, we will first try to discover why the wipers on your BMW X6 remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my BMW X6 stay stuck?
So we will start our content with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your BMW X6 . First of all we will concentrate on the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my BMW X6 stuck in up or down position?
We will go through one at a time the different complications that can cause the front wipers of your BMW X6 to get stuck :
- One of the most basic causes of front wipers getting stuck on your BMW X6 is associated with the engine that drives them, in reality, these engines can, over time, lose power, and sooner or later need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less basic, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked because of an object that prevents the blades from functioning, examine up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will locate that your front wipers are going slower, check quickly the trigger of the problems or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your BMW X6 may not operate because of a faulty comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are functioning, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last possibility, the front wipers of your BMW X6 are blocked because of a power failure, so you will have to check two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my BMW X6 stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your BMW X6 , the roots of your complications are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your car, there are still some dedicated parts that can cause complications just on the rear windshield of your BMW X6. So, make sure to perform similar investigations as seen in the previous component of this content.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my BMW X6?
Finally, to do this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to ensure that the wipers on your BMW X6 are unlocked and that they operate properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my BMW X6?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will outline them one by one in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking complications such as a fuel door stuck on BMW X6, do not think twice to consult our article on this issue.
- In such a case, you will have to find the engine, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be careful there must be some of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your BMW X6
- In this scenario, it will be quite simple but expensive to replace your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- BMW X6 wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last scenario, you will have to find the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty component
If you want more tutorials on the BMW X6, go to our BMW X6 category.