We will try again today to help you to resolve the small problems associated with your motor vehicle. We have not too long ago discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will look into an irritating problem that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on BMW X4 . And to answer this, we will first try to figure out why the wipers on your BMW X4 remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my BMW X4 stay stuck?
So we will begin our content page with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your BMW X4 . First of all we will look into the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my BMW X4 stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one at a time the different problems that can cause the front wipers of your BMW X4 to get stuck :
- One of the most common motives of front wipers getting stuck on your BMW X4 is associated with the engine unit that drives them, in fact, these engines can, with time, lose power, and ultimately need to be changed. You should find out before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less common, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked as a result of an object that prevents the blades from functioning, take a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will discover that your front wipers are going slower, check fairly quickly the cause of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your BMW X4 may not work as a result of a faulty comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are functioning, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last opportunity, the front wipers of your BMW X4 are blocked as a result of a power failure, so you will have to check two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my BMW X4 stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your BMW X4 , the roots of your problems are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your motor vehicle, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can cause problems just on the rear windshield of your BMW X4. So, make sure you conduct similar inspections as discovered in the previous component of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my BMW X4?
At last, for this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to be sure that the wipers on your BMW X4 are unlocked and that they work properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my BMW X4?
Whether it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will highlight them one after the other in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on BMW X4, do not hesitate to seek advice from our article on this problem.
- In such a case, you will have to find the engine unit, then disconnect the power cables of this one (take care there must be some of them associated with the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. At last, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your BMW X4
- In this situation, it will be quite simple but expensive to replace your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- BMW X4 wiper blocked caused by a power failure: In this last situation, you will have to find the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty component
If you have any additional questions about the BMW X4, do not hesitate to consult our BMW X4 category.