We will try again today to help you to resolve the small problems related to your motor vehicle. We have recently discovered how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will look into an annoying problem that can be dangerous in bad climate conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on BMW 7 Series . And to answer this, we will first try to understand why the wipers on your BMW 7 Series remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my BMW 7 Series stay stuck?
So we will start our content page with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your BMW 7 Series . To begin with we will look into the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my BMW 7 Series stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one at a time the different problems that can cause the front wipers of your BMW 7 Series to get stuck :
- One of the most general causes of front wipers getting stuck on your BMW 7 Series is related to the engine unit that drives them, in fact, these engines can, over time, lose power, and eventually need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less general, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked as a result of an object that prevents the blades from working, take a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will find that your front wipers are going slower, verify fairly quickly the cause of the trouble or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your BMW 7 Series may not work as a result of a faulty comodo. To evaluate this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is to blame for the problem.
- Finally, last possibility, the front wipers of your BMW 7 Series are blocked as a result of a power failure, so you will have to verify two auto parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my BMW 7 Series stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your BMW 7 Series , the origins of your problems are more or less the same. Although there is just one wiper blade at the rear of your motor vehicle, there are still some dedicated auto parts that can cause problems just on the rear windshield of your BMW 7 Series. So, make sure to conduct similar checks as discovered in the previous component of this content page.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my BMW 7 Series?
At last, to do this second section, we will see what solutions are available to you to make sure that the wipers on your BMW 7 Series are unlocked and that they work properly again.
How to unlock the wipers of my BMW 7 Series?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will detail them one after the other in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on BMW 7 Series, do not hesitate to consult our article on this problem.
- In such a case, you will have to identify the engine unit, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be cautious there must be some of them related to the different speeds of sweeping), then take out the brushes and the linkage. At last, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your BMW 7 Series
- In this scenario, it will be quite basic but expensive to replace your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- BMW 7 Series wiper blocked because of a power failure: In this last scenario, you will have to identify the source of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty component
If you have any further questions about the BMW 7 Series, do not hesitate to consult our BMW 7 Series category.