We will try again today to help you to remedy the small problems related to your motor vehicle. We have not too long ago seen how to unblock a fuel door, or a tank cap, today we will look into an annoying issue that can be dangerous in bad weather conditions, being a victim of wiper stuck on Audi Rs5 . And to correct this, we will first try to figure out why the wipers on your Audi Rs5 remain stuck and, secondly, how to unblock them.
Why does the wiper of my Audi Rs5 stay stuck?
So we will begin our article with the reasons of the stuck wipers of your Audi Rs5 . To begin with we will look into the front wipers and in a second time on the rear wiper.
Why are the front wipers on my Audi Rs5 stuck in up or down position?
We will proceed through one after the other the different problems that can cause the front wipers of your Audi Rs5 to get stuck :
- One of the most general causes of front wipers getting stuck on your Audi Rs5 is related to the engine unit that drives them, in fact, these engines can, over time, lose power, and eventually need to be changed. You should notice before the total blockage of your windshield wipers that they work much slower.
- Less general, but it can still happen, is that your front wiper blades are blocked due to an object that prevents the blades from working, have a look up to the axis of the blades.
- If it is a lack of lubrication, you will discover that your front wipers are going slower, verify fairly quickly the trigger of the problems or else the engines will be forced and damaged.
- It is possible that the front wipers of your Audi Rs5 may not work due to a faulty comodo. To test this, you need to disconnect the output wires and connect them together, if the wipers are working, the comodo is responsible for the problem.
- Finally, last possibility, the front wipers of your Audi Rs5 are blocked due to a power failure, so you will have to verify two parts, the relay and the fuse.
Why is the rear window wiper on my Audi Rs5 stuck?
Concerning the stuck rear window wiper of your Audi Rs5 , the origins of your complications are more or less the same. Although there is only one wiper blade at the rear of your motor vehicle, there are still some dedicated parts that can cause problems only on the rear windshield of your Audi Rs5. So, make sure to carry out similar inspections as seen in the previous component of this article.
What can I do to unlock the wiper on my Audi Rs5?
Finally, for this second part, we will see what solutions are available to you to be sure that the wipers on your Audi Rs5 are unlocked and that they work effectively again.
How to unlock the wipers of my Audi Rs5?
If it is for the front windshield wipers or the rear windshield wiper, the solutions will be similar and we will detail them one after the other in this component, it is up to you to adapt them to the component that concerns you. If you have other blocking problems such as a fuel door stuck on Audi Rs5, do not hesitate to consult our article on this issue.
- In such a case, you will have to identify the engine unit, then disconnect the power cables of this one (be careful there must be several of them related to the different speeds of sweeping), then remove the brushes and the linkage. Finally, you will have to unscrew these anchoring points which are generally fixed on silentblocks and reassemble a new wiper motor on your Audi Rs5
- In this scenario, it will be quite basic but expensive to replace your commodo, the component generally costs around 200€, once tested you will have the ability to disassemble your commodo by removing the cover from the back of the steering wheel then disconnecting it and removing it with the fixing screws, you will just have to reassemble the new one.
- Audi Rs5 wiper blocked caused by a power failure: In this last scenario, you will have to identify the origin of the failure (fuse or relay) and replace the faulty component
If you need more guides on the Audi Rs5, go to our Audi Rs5 category.