Although newer automobiles are getting better and better insulated, they are still furnaces during the summer. One of the most basic ways to quickly dissipate this heat during the summer, or help you get reduce the mist in the winter, is to open your windows when you drive. Nevertheless, oftentimes your windows may not open or may get stuck open or close . In such a case, what should I do if I have a window stuck on my Volkswagen Polo 6? This is precisely what we will try to answer in this article, first we will see the circumstance of a manual window stuck on Volkswagen Polo 6, and secondly the circumstance of a power window.
Manual window stuck on Volkswagen Polo 6
The mechanisms between a power window and a manual window are different, nevertheless, if the window of your Volkswagen Polo 6 is stuck in the open or closed position , it will not change much on the technical side, but in the open position it is actually more frustrating, you risk to have your vehicle stolen, or to suffer from bad weather and that the inside of your Volkswagen Polo 6 moulds or has electrical complications due to humidity.
Why is the manual window of my Volkswagen Polo 6 stuck?
If you are in the circumstance where the manual window of your Volkswagen Polo 6 is stuck in either the open or closed position, there are two most important motives that can describe this blockage:
- The window regulator cable is tangled or destroyed: This will prevent the mechanism from elevating or lowering the window.
- Seals or glass guides are broken: They prevent the glass from moving up and down correctly.
How to open the stuck manual window on my Volkswagen Polo 6?
Now we have seen why the manual window of your Volkswagen Polo 6 is locked in the open or closed position. We will now speak about the solutions available to you so that you can unblock the window of your Volkswagen Polo 6 . To do this, you don’t need very advanced mechanical understanding, the manual mechanisms are actually quite basic. You will have to remove the seal from your door to access the window lifter mechanism. With a visual check, you will quickly detect if some parts are injured like the window supports or a lever arm, if the cable is tangled or if the rails are broken, which will block the window of your Volkswagen Polo 6. If it’s just the rails you can try to put them back in place and lubricate it, in any other case you will have to replace the component, for that you will have to first remove the glass cautiously to access the mechanisms to be changed securely.
Electric window stuck on Volkswagen Polo 6
Now let’s proceed to the most known circumstance, a power window blocked on Volkswagen Polo 6 . In actual fact, electric windows are actually more complex than manual windows and therefore actually bring their share of additional complications.
Why is the power window on my Volkswagen Polo 6 stuck?
So let’s begin with the possible roots of a window blocked on Volkswagen Polo 6:
- Defective window winder motors: In actual fact, it’s one of the most common factors for window winder failure, as these motors tire with time and can be rendered useless. Generally speaking you can see this because before they resign entirely, they begin to tire and the window rises less and less quickly.
- One of the gears of the window lift system seizes or breaks, in this case you should hear a specific noise when you press the window lift button.
- As with the manual window lifter, one of the cables may break or get tangled in the drum of the mechanism, furthermore you should hear a noise when activating the window of your Volkswagen Polo 6
- The window lift fuse is defective, so no power supply to the window lift motor of your Volkswagen Polo 6
- The switch knob is unplugged or faulty
How do I unlock the stuck power window on my Volkswagen Polo 6?
Now that we have seen all the possible causes of a window blocked on Volkswagen Polo 6, it’s time to help you correct this problem, here are the different procedures you will be able to put in place to unblock the window of your Volkswagen Polo 6:
- Before you do anything else, cautiously remove your door trim to avoid breaking the staples holding it in place.
- Once in front of the mechanism, you need to test the electrical installation, disconnect the power cables from the motor and using a voltmeter check that you have a current of around 12 volts when pressing the window lift button. If this is not the case, you will have to look at the window lift fuse on your Volkswagen Polo 6, please refer to our article to help you identify it. If your fuse is in good state examine your power supply wires, one of them must be cut
- If it is the cable that is twisted, you can try yourself by removing the glass from its brackets to put it back in place, in any other case it will have to be changed.
- Regarding the engine, a simple original replacement will be the best remedy, obviously a dead engine is not recoverable.
- If it is one of the window supports that is broken on your Volkswagen Polo 6, you can easily change them because they are simply clipped or screwed on your window.
- At last, if nothing occurs when you switch on the switch knob and you have checked all your electrical connections, remove the switch knob to see if it is properly connected or if it is not broken.
There, you now know how to get rid of a window stuck on Volkswagen Polo 6/strong, some repairs are more complex than others, if you don’t experience able to do them yourself, go to your technician who will be able to do them for you.
In the event that you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Polo 6, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Polo 6 category.