Although newer cars are becoming better and better insulated, they are still get pretty hot during the summer. One of the simplest ways to quickly dissipate this heat during the summer, or help you get rid of the mist in the winter, is to open your windows when you drive. However, in some cases your windows may not open or may get stuck open or close . In this instance, what should I do if I have a window stuck on my Peugeot 4008? This is precisely what we will try to answer today, first we will discover the case of a manual window stuck on Peugeot 4008, and secondly the case of a power window.
Manual window stuck on Peugeot 4008
The systems between a power window and a manual window are different, nevertheless, if the window of your Peugeot 4008 is stuck in the open or closed position , it will not change much on the technical side, but in the open position it is actually more annoying, you risk to have your vehicle stolen, or to go through bad weather and that the inside of your Peugeot 4008 moulds or has electrical complications because of humidity.
Why is the manual window of my Peugeot 4008 stuck?
If you are in the case where the manual window of your Peugeot 4008 is stuck in either the open or closed position, there are two most important factors that can describe this blockage:
- The window regulator cable is tangled or damaged: This will prevent the system from elevating or bringing down the window.
- Seals or glass guides are damaged: They prevent the glass from moving up and down optimally.
How to open the stuck manual window on my Peugeot 4008?
Now we have seen why the manual window of your Peugeot 4008 is locked in the open or closed position. We will now focus on the solutions available to you so that you can unblock the window of your Peugeot 4008 . To achieve this, you don’t need very advanced mechanical knowledge, the manual mechanisms are actually quite basic. You will have to remove the seal from your door to access the window lifter system. With a visual check, you will quickly identify if some elements are broken like the window supports or a lever arm, if the cable is tangled or if the rails are damaged, which will block the window of your Peugeot 4008. If it’s just the rails you can try to put them back in place and lubricate it, otherwise you will have to replace the part, for that you will have to first remove the glass cautiously to access the systems to be repalced properly.
Electric window stuck on Peugeot 4008
Now let’s proceed to the most general case, a power window blocked on Peugeot 4008 . In truth, electric windows are actually more complex than manual windows and consequently actually bring their share of additional complications.
Why is the power window on my Peugeot 4008 stuck?
So let’s start with the possible roots of a window blocked on Peugeot 4008:
- Defective window winder motors: In truth, it’s one of the most basic reasons for window winder failure, as these motors tire over time and can be rendered useless. Generally speaking you can discover this because before they let go totally, they start to tire and the window rises less and less quickly.
- One of the gears of the window lift system seizes or breaks, in this case you should hear a specific noise when you press the window lift button.
- As with the manual window lifter, one of the cables may break or get tangled in the drum of the system, also you should hear a noise when activating the window of your Peugeot 4008
- The window lift fuse is defective, so no power supply to the window lift motor of your Peugeot 4008
- The switch knob is unplugged or faulty
How do I unlock the stuck power window on my Peugeot 4008?
Now that we have seen all the possible motives of a window blocked on Peugeot 4008, it’s time to help you correct this trouble, here are the different techniques you will have the ability to put in place to unblock the window of your Peugeot 4008:
- Before you do anything else, cautiously remove your door trim to avoid breaking the staples holding it in place.
- Once in front of the system, you need to test the electrical installation, disconnect the power cables from the motor and using a voltmeter check that you have a current of around 12 volts when pressing the window lift button. If this is not the case, you will have to look at the window lift fuse on your Peugeot 4008, please refer to our content to help you identify it. If your fuse is in good state check your power supply wires, one of them must be cut
- If it is the cable that is tangled, you can try yourself by removing the glass from its brackets to put it back in place, otherwise it will have to be changed.
- Regarding the engine, a simple original replacement will be the best remedy, obviously a dead engine is not recoverable.
- If it is one of the window supports that is broken on your Peugeot 4008, you can easily change them because they are just clipped or screwed on your window.
- At last, if nothing happens when you switch on the switch knob and you have checked out all your electrical connections, remove the switch knob to discover if it is effectively connected or if it is not damaged.
There, you now know how to get rid of a window stuck on Peugeot 4008/strong, some repairs are more complex than others, if you don’t feel able to do them yourself, go to your auto technician who will have the ability to do them for you.
If you need more tutorials on the Peugeot 4008, go to our Peugeot 4008 category.