Nevertheless newer cars are becoming better and better insulated, they are still get pretty hot in the summer. One of the easiest techniques to quickly dissipate this heat in the summer, or help you get reduce the mist in the winter, is to open your windows when you drive. Nevertheless, often your windows may not open or may get stuck open or close . In this case, what should I do if I have a window stuck on my Ford Focus? This is accurately what we will try to answer in this article, first we will see the case of a manual window stuck on Ford Focus, and secondly the case of a power window.
Manual window stuck on Ford Focus
The mechanisms between a power window and a manual window are different, nevertheless, if the window of your Ford Focus is stuck in the open or closed position , it will not replace much on the technical side, but in the open position it is actually more irritating, you risk to have your car stolen, or to endure bad weather and that the inside of your Ford Focus moulds or has electrical complications as a result of humidity.
Why is the manual window of my Ford Focus stuck?
If you are in the case where the manual window of your Ford Focus is stuck in either the open or closed position, there are two most important reasons that can show you this blockage:
- The window regulator cable is tangled or broken: This will prevent the mechanism from elevating or lowering the window.
- Seals or glass guides are damaged: They prevent the glass from moving up and down optimally.
How to open the stuck manual window on my Ford Focus?
Now we have seen why the manual window of your Ford Focus is locked in the open or closed position. We will now focus on the alternatives available to you so that you can unblock the window of your Ford Focus . To achieve this, you don’t need very advanced mechanical knowledge, the manual mechanisms are quite basic. You will have to take out the seal from your door to access the window lifter mechanism. With a visual verify, you will quickly identify if some parts are broken like the window supports or a lever arm, if the cable is tangled or if the rails are damaged, which will block the window of your Ford Focus. If it’s just the rails you can try to put them back in web site and lubricate it, otherwise you will have to replace the part, for that you will have to first take out the glass cautiously to access the mechanisms to be changed carefully.
Electric window stuck on Ford Focus
Now let’s proceed to the most known case, a power window blocked on Ford Focus . Indeed, electric windows are actually more difficult than manual windows and therefore actually bring their share of additional complications.
Why is the power window on my Ford Focus stuck?
So let’s start with the possible roots of a window blocked on Ford Focus:
- Faulty window winder motors: Indeed, it’s one of the most common causes for window winder failure, as these motors tire with time and can be rendered useless. In general you can see this because before they let go totally, they start to tire and the window rises less and less quickly.
- One of the gears of the window lift system seizes or breaks, in such a case you should notice a specific noise when you press the window lift button.
- As with the manual window lifter, one of the cables may break or get tangled in the drum of the mechanism, furthermore you should notice a noise when activating the window of your Ford Focus
- The window lift fuse is faulty, so no power supply to the window lift motor of your Ford Focus
- The switch knob is unplugged or faulty
How do I unlock the stuck power window on my Ford Focus?
Now that we have seen all the possible causes of a window blocked on Ford Focus, it’s time to help you resolve this issue, on this website are the different methods you will be able to put in web site to unblock the window of your Ford Focus:
- Before you do anything else, cautiously take out your door trim to avoid breaking the staples holding it in web site.
- Once in front of the mechanism, you need to test the electrical installation, disconnect the power cables from the motor and using a voltmeter verify that you have a current of around 12 volts when pressing the window lift button. If this is not the case, you will have to look at the window lift fuse on your Ford Focus, please refer to our content to help you find it. If your fuse is in good condition examine your power supply wires, one of them must be cut
- If it is the cable that is twisted, you can try yourself by removing the glass from its brackets to put it back in web site, otherwise it will have to be changed.
- Regarding the engine unit, a basic original replacement will be the best remedy, in truth a dead engine unit is not recoverable.
- If it is one of the window supports that is broken on your Ford Focus, you can easily replace them because they are just clipped or screwed on your window.
- At last, if nothing comes about when you switch on the switch knob and you have examined all your electrical connections, remove the switch knob to see if it is effectively connected or if it is not damaged.
There, you now know how to get rid of a window stuck on Ford Focus/strong, some repairs are more difficult than others, if you don’t experience able to do them yourself, go to your technician who will be able to do them for you.
If you want more guides on the Ford Focus, go to our Ford Focus category.