Nevertheless newer automobiles are getting better and better insulated, they are still furnaces in the summer. One of the simplest methods to quickly dissipate this heat in the summer, or help you get reduce the mist in the winter, is to open your windows when you drive. However, in some cases your windows may not open or may get stuck open or close . In this case, what should I do if I have a window stuck on my Fiat 500? This is precisely what we will try to answer today, first we will see the circumstance of a manual window stuck on Fiat 500, and secondly the circumstance of a power window.
Manual window stuck on Fiat 500
The systems between a power window and a manual window are different, nevertheless, if the window of your Fiat 500 is stuck in the open or closed position , it will not change much on the technical side, but in the open position it is actually more annoying, you risk to have your car stolen, or to have problems with bad weather and that the inside of your Fiat 500 moulds or has electrical complications as a result of humidity.
Why is the manual window of my Fiat 500 stuck?
If you are in the circumstance where the manual window of your Fiat 500 is stuck in either the open or closed position, there are two most important causes that can explain this blockage:
- The window regulator cable is tangled or broken: This will prevent the system from raising or bringing down the window.
- Seals or glass guides are damaged: They prevent the glass from moving up and down optimally.
How to open the stuck manual window on my Fiat 500?
Now we have discovered why the manual window of your Fiat 500 is locked in the open or closed position. We will now focus on the answers available to you so that you can unblock the window of your Fiat 500 . To get this done, you don’t need very advanced mechanical knowledge, the manual mechanisms are actually quite basic. You will have to remove the seal from your door to access the window lifter system. With a visual verify, you will quickly identify if some elements are broken like the window supports or a lever arm, if the cable is tangled or if the rails are damaged, which will block the window of your Fiat 500. If it’s only the rails you can try to put them back in place and lubricate it, otherwise you will have to replace the component, for that you will have to first remove the glass cautiously to access the systems to be changed properly.
Electric window stuck on Fiat 500
Now let’s proceed to the most general circumstance, a power window blocked on Fiat 500 . In fact, electric windows are actually more complex than manual windows and consequently actually bring their share of additional complications.
Why is the power window on my Fiat 500 stuck?
So let’s start with the possible origins of a window blocked on Fiat 500:
- Defective window winder motors: In fact, it’s one of the most basic factors for window winder failure, as these motors tire over time and can be rendered useless. In general you can see this because before they resign completely, they start to tire and the window rises less and less quickly.
- One of the gears of the window lift system seizes or breaks, in such a case you should notice a particular noise when you press the window lift button.
- As with the manual window lifter, one of the cables may break or get tangled in the drum of the system, also you should notice a noise when activating the window of your Fiat 500
- The window lift fuse is defective, so no power supply to the window lift motor of your Fiat 500
- The switch knob is unplugged or faulty
How do I unlock the stuck power window on my Fiat 500?
Now that we have discovered all the possible causes of a window blocked on Fiat 500, it’s time to help you resolve this issue, on this website are the different measures you will have the ability to put in place to unblock the window of your Fiat 500:
- Before you do anything else, cautiously remove your door trim to avoid breaking the staples holding it in place.
- Once in front of the system, you need to test the electrical installation, disconnect the power cables from the motor and using a voltmeter verify that you have a current of around 12 volts when pressing the window lift button. If this is not the case, you will have to look at the window lift fuse on your Fiat 500, please refer to our content page to help you identify it. If your fuse is in good condition examine your power supply wires, one of them must be cut
- If it is the cable that is twisted, you can try yourself by removing the glass from its brackets to put it back in place, otherwise it will have to be changed.
- Concerning the engine, a basic original replacement will be the best solution, indeed a dead engine unit is not recoverable.
- If it is one of the window supports that is broken on your Fiat 500, you can easily change them because they are just clipped or screwed on your window.
- Finally, if nothing comes about when you switch on the switch knob and you have checked out all your electrical connections, remove the switch knob to see if it is properly connected or if it is not damaged.
There, you now know how to get rid of a window stuck on Fiat 500/strong, some repairs are more complex than others, if you don’t feel able to do them yourself, go to your technician who will have the ability to do them for you.
If you want more tutorials on the Fiat 500, go to our Fiat 500 category.