Nevertheless newer automobiles are getting better and better insulated, they are still furnaces throughout summer. One of the easiest techniques to quickly dissipate this heat throughout summer, or help you get rid of the mist in the winter, is to open your windows when you drive. However, in some cases your windows may not open or may get stuck open or close . In such a case, what should I do if I have a window stuck on my BMW 7 Series? This is exactly what we will try to answer today, first we will find out the case of a manual window stuck on BMW 7 Series, and secondly the case of a power window.
Manual window stuck on BMW 7 Series
The mechanisms between a power window and a manual window are different, nevertheless, if the window of your BMW 7 Series is stuck in the open or closed position , it will not change much on the technical side, but in the open position it is actually more irritating, you risk to have your vehicle stolen, or to go through bad weather and that the inside of your BMW 7 Series moulds or has electrical problems as a result of humidity.
Why is the manual window of my BMW 7 Series stuck?
If you are in the case where the manual window of your BMW 7 Series is stuck in either the open or closed position, there are two most important causes that can describe this blockage:
- The window regulator cable is tangled or destroyed: This will prevent the system from elevating or lowering the window.
- Seals or glass guides are damaged: They prevent the glass from moving up and down suitably.
How to open the stuck manual window on my BMW 7 Series?
Now we have discovered why the manual window of your BMW 7 Series is locked in the open or closed position. We will now speak about the answers available to you so that you can unblock the window of your BMW 7 Series . To achieve this, you don’t need very advanced mechanical understanding, the manual mechanisms are quite simple. You will have to take out the seal from your door to access the window lifter system. With a visual check, you will quickly detect if some parts are damaged like the window supports or a lever arm, if the cable is tangled or if the rails are damaged, which will block the window of your BMW 7 Series. If it’s just the rails you can try to put them back in place and lubricate it, otherwise you will have to replace the component, for that you will have to first take out the glass attentively to access the mechanisms to be repalced properly.
Electric window stuck on BMW 7 Series
Now let’s move on to the most basic case, a power window blocked on BMW 7 Series . In fact, electric windows are actually more complex than manual windows and therefore actually bring their share of additional problems.
Why is the power window on my BMW 7 Series stuck?
So let’s begin with the possible roots of a window blocked on BMW 7 Series:
- Faulty window winder motors: In fact, it’s one of the most general factors for window winder failure, as these motors tire with time and can be rendered useless. Generally you can find out this because before they let go totally, they begin to tire and the window rises less and less quickly.
- One of the gears of the window lift system seizes or breaks, in this case you should hear a particular noise when you press the window lift button.
- As with the manual window lifter, one of the cables may break or get tangled in the drum of the system, also you should hear a noise when activating the window of your BMW 7 Series
- The window lift fuse is defective, so no power supply to the window lift motor of your BMW 7 Series
- The switch knob is unplugged or defective
How do I unlock the stuck power window on my BMW 7 Series?
Now that we have discovered all the possible motives of a window blocked on BMW 7 Series, it’s time to help you correct this issue, on this website are the different measures you will be able to put in place to unblock the window of your BMW 7 Series:
- Before you do anything else, attentively take out your door trim to avoid breaking the staples holding it in place.
- Once in front of the system, you need to test the electrical installation, disconnect the power cables from the motor and using a voltmeter check that you have a current of around 12 volts when pressing the window lift button. If this is not the case, you will have to look at the window lift fuse on your BMW 7 Series, please refer to our content to help you locate it. If your fuse is in good condition examine your power supply wires, one of them must be cut
- If it is the cable that is tangled, you can try yourself by removing the glass from its brackets to put it back in place, otherwise it will have to be changed.
- Regarding the engine unit, a basic original replacement will be the best solution, in actual fact a dead engine is not recoverable.
- If it is one of the window supports that is broken on your BMW 7 Series, you can easily change them because they are simply clipped or screwed on your window.
- Finally, if nothing comes about when you activate the switch knob and you have examined all your electrical connections, remove the switch knob to find out if it is effectively connected or if it is not damaged.
There, you now know how to get rid of a window stuck on BMW 7 Series/strong, some repairs are more complex than others, if you don’t experience able to do them yourself, go to your auto mechanic who will be able to do them for you.
To find more tips on the BMW 7 Series, take a look at the BMW 7 Series category.