Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well undergo the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen New Beetle, let alone going near the fuses on it. On this page, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Volkswagen New Beetle. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which situations it may be relevant to replace the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Volkswagen New Beetle, then where is the car radio fuse of your Volkswagen New Beetle .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Volkswagen New Beetle?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Volkswagen New Beetle by the interest of changing it. You might experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen New Beetle . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Volkswagen New Beetle when it will no longer work for no apparent cause . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is causing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Volkswagen New Beetle?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Volkswagen New Beetle . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, dependent on the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen New Beetle can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Volkswagen New Beetle
If you still have the original head unit on your Volkswagen New Beetle, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car owners manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Browse the owners manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen New Beetle , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse carefully and verify its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , otherwise take your car to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Volkswagen New Beetle
At last, we’ll discover the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Volkswagen New Beetle in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Volkswagen New Beetle , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Volkswagen New Beetle, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen New Beetle
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to replace the fuse on your Volkswagen New Beetle
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen New Beetle, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Volkswagen New Beetle, go to our Volkswagen New Beetle category.