Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Golf 2, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Volkswagen Golf 2. To get this done, first, we will discover in which situations it might be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Volkswagen Golf 2, then where is the car radio fuse of your Volkswagen Golf 2 .
Why change the car radio fuse on Volkswagen Golf 2?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Volkswagen Golf 2 by the interest of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Golf 2 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact. In general, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Volkswagen Golf 2 when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Volkswagen Golf 2?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Volkswagen Golf 2 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, based on the type of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen Golf 2 can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Volkswagen Golf 2
If you still have the original head unit on your Volkswagen Golf 2, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car instruction manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Browse the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen Golf 2 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse carefully and verify its status.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Volkswagen Golf 2
Finally, we’ll discover the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Volkswagen Golf 2 in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Volkswagen Golf 2 , generally you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Volkswagen Golf 2, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Volkswagen Golf 2
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Volkswagen Golf 2
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Golf 2, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Volkswagen Golf 2, take a look at the Volkswagen Golf 2 category.