Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well undergo the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Toyota Prius, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Toyota Prius. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it might be important to replace the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Toyota Prius, then where is the car radio fuse of your Toyota Prius .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Toyota Prius?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Toyota Prius by the interest of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Toyota Prius . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and validate that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Toyota Prius when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Toyota Prius?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Toyota Prius . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, according to the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will see the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Toyota Prius can be identified.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Toyota Prius
If you still have the original head unit on your Toyota Prius, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your car manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the procedure:
- Read the manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Toyota Prius , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse carefully and verify its status.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Toyota Prius
At last, we’ll see the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Toyota Prius in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Toyota Prius , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Toyota Prius, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Toyota Prius
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to replace the fuse on your Toyota Prius
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Toyota Prius, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Toyota Prius, go to our Toyota Prius category.