Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the cons. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Toyota FJ Cruiser, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Toyota FJ Cruiser. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it may be important to replace the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Toyota FJ Cruiser, then where is the car radio fuse of your Toyota FJ Cruiser .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Toyota FJ Cruiser?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Toyota FJ Cruiser by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Toyota FJ Cruiser . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and check that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Toyota FJ Cruiser when it will no longer work for no apparent cause . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Toyota FJ Cruiser?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Toyota FJ Cruiser . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, depending on the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is generally linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will see the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Toyota FJ Cruiser can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Toyota FJ Cruiser
If you still have the original head unit on your Toyota FJ Cruiser, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car instruction manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the procedure:
- Browse the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Toyota FJ Cruiser , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse carefully and check its status.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse , otherwise take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Toyota FJ Cruiser
At last, we’ll see the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Toyota FJ Cruiser in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Toyota FJ Cruiser , generally you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Toyota FJ Cruiser, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Toyota FJ Cruiser
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to replace the fuse on your Toyota FJ Cruiser
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Toyota FJ Cruiser, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Toyota FJ Cruiser, take a look at the Toyota FJ Cruiser category.