Modern cars are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well go through the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Toyota Camry, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Toyota Camry. To do this, first, we will see in which situations it may be important to change the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Toyota Camry, then where is the car radio fuse of your Toyota Camry .
Why change the car radio fuse on Toyota Camry?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Toyota Camry by the benefit of changing it. You may experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Toyota Camry . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still intact. In general, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Toyota Camry when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Toyota Camry?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Toyota Camry . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, depending on the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will see the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Toyota Camry can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Toyota Camry
If you still have the original head unit on your Toyota Camry, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Browse the manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Toyota Camry , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse cautiously and verify its status.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse , otherwise take your car to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Toyota Camry
At last, we’ll see the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Toyota Camry in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Toyota Camry , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Toyota Camry, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Toyota Camry
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to change the fuse on your Toyota Camry
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Toyota Camry, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Toyota Camry, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Camry category.