Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Subaru Outback, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Subaru Outback. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which situations it might be relevant to replace the car radio fuse of your Subaru Outback, then where is the car radio fuse of your Subaru Outback .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Subaru Outback?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Subaru Outback by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Subaru Outback . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and check that the filament is still intact. In general, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Subaru Outback when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Subaru Outback?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Subaru Outback . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, depending on the type of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is quite often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Subaru Outback can be identified.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Subaru Outback
If you still have the original head unit on your Subaru Outback, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car owners manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the process:
- Browse the owners manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Subaru Outback , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse carefully and check its status.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your car to your auto technician so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Subaru Outback
At last, we’ll discover the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Subaru Outback in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Subaru Outback , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Subaru Outback, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Subaru Outback
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to replace the fuse on your Subaru Outback
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Subaru Outback, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
Whenever you have any further questions about the Subaru Outback, do not hesitate to consult our Subaru Outback category.