Modern cars are more and more furnished with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Subaru Impreza, let alone going near the fuses on it. On this page, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Subaru Impreza. To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it may be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Subaru Impreza, then where is the car radio fuse of your Subaru Impreza .
Why change the car radio fuse on Subaru Impreza?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Subaru Impreza by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Subaru Impreza . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and validate that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Subaru Impreza when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Subaru Impreza?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Subaru Impreza . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, according to the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is quite often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Subaru Impreza can be determined.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Subaru Impreza
If you still have the original head unit on your Subaru Impreza, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your vehicle owners manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the process:
- Browse the owners manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Subaru Impreza , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse cautiously and verify its status.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Subaru Impreza
At last, we’ll discover the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Subaru Impreza in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Subaru Impreza , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Subaru Impreza, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Subaru Impreza
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to change the fuse on your Subaru Impreza
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Subaru Impreza, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Subaru Impreza, go to our Subaru Impreza category.