Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Renault Megane, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse complications and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Renault Megane. To achieve this, first, we will discover in which situations it may be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Renault Megane, then where is the car radio fuse of your Renault Megane .
Why change the car radio fuse on Renault Megane?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Renault Megane by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Renault Megane . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Renault Megane when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it may be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Renault Megane?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Renault Megane . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, dependent on the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Renault Megane can be determined.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Renault Megane
If you still have the original head unit on your Renault Megane, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your vehicle manual if you can’t find it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the procedure:
- Read the manual on the fuse box cover to find the fuse of the car radio of your Renault Megane , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse cautiously and check its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Renault Megane
Finally, we’ll discover the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to find the fuse of the car radio on Renault Megane in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Renault Megane , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Renault Megane, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will find the fuse of the car radio of your Renault Megane
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Renault Megane
You now know how to find your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Renault Megane, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any additional questions about the Renault Megane, do not hesitate to consult our Renault Megane category.