Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Peugeot 2008, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Peugeot 2008. To do this, first, we will see in which situations it might be important to change the car radio fuse of your Peugeot 2008, then where is the car radio fuse of your Peugeot 2008 .
Why change the car radio fuse on Peugeot 2008?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Peugeot 2008 by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Peugeot 2008 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Peugeot 2008 when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Peugeot 2008?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Peugeot 2008 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, according to the type of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is quite often linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will see the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Peugeot 2008 can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Peugeot 2008
If you still have the original head unit on your Peugeot 2008, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car owners manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the procedure:
- Browse the owners manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Peugeot 2008 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse cautiously and check its status.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Peugeot 2008
Finally, we’ll see the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Peugeot 2008 in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Peugeot 2008 , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Peugeot 2008, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Peugeot 2008
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Peugeot 2008
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Peugeot 2008, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Peugeot 2008, take a look at the Peugeot 2008 category.