Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also go through the cons. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Opel Vivaro, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Opel Vivaro. To do this, first, we will find out in which situations it might be important to replace the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Opel Vivaro, then where is the car radio fuse of your Opel Vivaro .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Opel Vivaro?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Opel Vivaro by the benefit of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Opel Vivaro . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Opel Vivaro when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Opel Vivaro?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Opel Vivaro . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, depending on the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Opel Vivaro can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Opel Vivaro
If you still have the original head unit on your Opel Vivaro, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your car manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Go through the manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Opel Vivaro , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse cautiously and verify its status.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Opel Vivaro
At last, we’ll find out the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Opel Vivaro in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Opel Vivaro , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Opel Vivaro, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Opel Vivaro
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to replace the fuse on your Opel Vivaro
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Opel Vivaro, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Opel Vivaro, go to our Opel Vivaro category.