Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Opel Astra, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Opel Astra. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it might be important to replace the car radio fuse of your Opel Astra, then where is the car radio fuse of your Opel Astra .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Opel Astra?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Opel Astra by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Opel Astra . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and validate that the filament is still intact. In general, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Opel Astra when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Opel Astra?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Opel Astra . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, according to the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is often linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Opel Astra can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Opel Astra
If you still have the original head unit on your Opel Astra, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car manual if you can’t find it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Go through the manual on the fuse box cover to find the fuse of the car radio of your Opel Astra , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse carefully and check its status.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Opel Astra
Finally, we’ll find out the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to find the fuse of the car radio on Opel Astra in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Opel Astra , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Opel Astra, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will find the fuse of the car radio of your Opel Astra
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to replace the fuse on your Opel Astra
You now know how to find your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Opel Astra, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Opel Astra, go to our Opel Astra category.