Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Nissan Sentra, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Nissan Sentra. To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it may be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Nissan Sentra, then where is the car radio fuse of your Nissan Sentra .
Why change the car radio fuse on Nissan Sentra?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Nissan Sentra by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Nissan Sentra . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Nissan Sentra when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is producing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Nissan Sentra?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Nissan Sentra . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, based on the type of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Nissan Sentra can be identified.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Nissan Sentra
If you still have the original head unit on your Nissan Sentra, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your vehicle owners manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the process:
- Browse the owners manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Nissan Sentra , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse carefully and check its status.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Nissan Sentra
Finally, we’ll discover the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Nissan Sentra in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Nissan Sentra , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Nissan Sentra, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Nissan Sentra
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to change the fuse on your Nissan Sentra
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Nissan Sentra, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Nissan Sentra, go to our Nissan Sentra category.