Modern cars are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Nissan NV, let alone going near the fuses on it. On this page, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Nissan NV. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it may be relevant to change the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Nissan NV, then where is the car radio fuse of your Nissan NV .
Why change the car radio fuse on Nissan NV?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Nissan NV by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Nissan NV . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and validate that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Nissan NV when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is causing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Nissan NV?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Nissan NV . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, according to the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Nissan NV can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Nissan NV
If you still have the original head unit on your Nissan NV, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your vehicle manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the process:
- Browse the manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Nissan NV , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse attentively and check its status.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your vehicle to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Nissan NV
At last, we’ll find out the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Nissan NV in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Nissan NV , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Nissan NV, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Nissan NV
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Nissan NV
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Nissan NV, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Nissan NV, go to our Nissan NV category.