Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we sadly as well undergo the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mercedes Classe E 5, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Mercedes Classe E 5. To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it might be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Mercedes Classe E 5, then where is the car radio fuse of your Mercedes Classe E 5 .
Why change the car radio fuse on Mercedes Classe E 5?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Mercedes Classe E 5 by the benefit of changing it. You may experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse works as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Mercedes Classe E 5 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Mercedes Classe E 5 when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is causing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Mercedes Classe E 5?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Mercedes Classe E 5 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, based on the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is often linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Mercedes Classe E 5 can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Mercedes Classe E 5
If you still have the original head unit on your Mercedes Classe E 5, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your car owners manual if you can’t find it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Browse the owners manual on the fuse box cover to find the fuse of the car radio of your Mercedes Classe E 5 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse cautiously and verify its status.
- If it is faulty, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Mercedes Classe E 5
Finally, we’ll discover the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to find the fuse of the car radio on Mercedes Classe E 5 in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Mercedes Classe E 5 , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Mercedes Classe E 5, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will find the fuse of the car radio of your Mercedes Classe E 5
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Mercedes Classe E 5
You now know how to find your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercedes Classe E 5, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To discover more tips on the Mercedes Classe E 5, take a look at the Mercedes Classe E 5 category.