Modern cars are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Land Rover LR4, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Land Rover LR4. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it might be important to replace the car radio fuse of your Land Rover LR4, then where is the car radio fuse of your Land Rover LR4 .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Land Rover LR4?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Land Rover LR4 by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Land Rover LR4 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and confirm that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Land Rover LR4 when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Land Rover LR4?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Land Rover LR4 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, based on the type of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is generally linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will see the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Land Rover LR4 can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Land Rover LR4
If you still have the original head unit on your Land Rover LR4, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your vehicle instruction manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the procedure:
- Browse the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Land Rover LR4 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse carefully and verify its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your vehicle to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Land Rover LR4
At last, we’ll see the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Land Rover LR4 in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Land Rover LR4 , generally you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Land Rover LR4, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Land Rover LR4
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to replace the fuse on your Land Rover LR4
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Land Rover LR4, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Land Rover LR4, take a look at the Land Rover LR4 category.