Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well go through the drawbacks. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Kia Optima, let alone going near the fuses on it. On this page, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Kia Optima. To do this, first, we will find out in which situations it might be important to replace the car radio fuse of your Kia Optima, then where is the car radio fuse of your Kia Optima .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Kia Optima?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Kia Optima by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is necessary to know that a fuse functions as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Kia Optima . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and validate that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Kia Optima when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is leading to your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Kia Optima?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Kia Optima . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, according to the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is generally linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Kia Optima can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Kia Optima
If you still have the original head unit on your Kia Optima, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your car . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your vehicle owners manual if you can’t find it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Go through the owners manual on the fuse box cover to find the fuse of the car radio of your Kia Optima , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse attentively and check its status.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Kia Optima
Finally, we’ll find out the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to find the fuse of the car radio on Kia Optima in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Kia Optima , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Kia Optima, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will find the fuse of the car radio of your Kia Optima
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to replace the fuse on your Kia Optima
You now know how to find your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Kia Optima, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
In the event that you have any additional questions about the Kia Optima, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Optima category.