Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Renegade, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Jeep Renegade. To do this, first, we will see in which situations it might be relevant to change the car radio fuse of your Jeep Renegade, then where is the car radio fuse of your Jeep Renegade .
Why change the car radio fuse on Jeep Renegade?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Jeep Renegade by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Jeep Renegade . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact. Generally, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Jeep Renegade when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Jeep Renegade?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Jeep Renegade . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, depending on the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will see the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Renegade can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Jeep Renegade
If you still have the original head unit on your Jeep Renegade, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your car owners manual if you can’t find it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the procedure:
- Browse the owners manual on the fuse box cover to find the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Renegade , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse carefully and verify its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your auto technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Jeep Renegade
Finally, we’ll see the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to find the fuse of the car radio on Jeep Renegade in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Jeep Renegade , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Jeep Renegade, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will find the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Renegade
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to change the fuse on your Jeep Renegade
You now know how to find your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Renegade, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Jeep Renegade, take a look at the Jeep Renegade category.