Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Jeep Compass, let alone going near the fuses on it. On this page, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Jeep Compass. To get this done, first, we will discover in which situations it might be important to change the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Jeep Compass, then where is the car radio fuse of your Jeep Compass .
Why change the car radio fuse on Jeep Compass?
So let’s start our content on the location of the car radio fuse of your Jeep Compass by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse works as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Jeep Compass . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Jeep Compass when it will no longer work for no apparent cause . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is producing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Jeep Compass?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Jeep Compass . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, depending on the type of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is often linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Compass can be identified.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Jeep Compass
If you still have the original head unit on your Jeep Compass, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your car manual if you can’t find it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Browse the manual on the fuse box cover to find the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Compass , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse attentively and check its status.
- If it is faulty, change it with a new fuse , in any other case take your car to your auto technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Jeep Compass
Finally, we’ll discover the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to find the fuse of the car radio on Jeep Compass in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Jeep Compass , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Jeep Compass, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will find the fuse of the car radio of your Jeep Compass
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Jeep Compass
You now know how to find your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Jeep Compass, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Jeep Compass, take a look at the Jeep Compass category.