Modern cars are more and more built with technology and although this brings us comfort, we regrettably as well undergo the cons. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Hyundai Accent, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this article, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Hyundai Accent. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it might be relevant to replace the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Hyundai Accent, then where is the car radio fuse of your Hyundai Accent .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Hyundai Accent?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Hyundai Accent by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Hyundai Accent . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let complete a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and validate that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Hyundai Accent when it will no longer work for no apparent cause . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Hyundai Accent?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Hyundai Accent . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, dependent on the sort of car radio you have it can be in two different places. It is often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will see the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Hyundai Accent can be discovered.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Hyundai Accent
If you still have the original head unit on your Hyundai Accent, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your vehicle owners manual if you can’t find it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the procedure:
- Browse the owners manual on the fuse box cover to find the fuse of the car radio of your Hyundai Accent , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse carefully and verify its status.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Hyundai Accent
At last, we’ll see the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to find the fuse of the car radio on Hyundai Accent in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Hyundai Accent , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Hyundai Accent, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will find the fuse of the car radio of your Hyundai Accent
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll have the ability to replace the fuse on your Hyundai Accent
You now know how to find your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Hyundai Accent, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more tutorials on the Hyundai Accent, go to our Hyundai Accent category.