Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we sadly as well undergo the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Ford F 350 , let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Ford F 350 . To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it may be important to replace the car radio fuse of your Ford F 350 , then where is the car radio fuse of your Ford F 350 .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Ford F 350 ?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Ford F 350 by the interest of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Ford F 350 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Ford F 350 when it will no longer work for no apparent cause . If your battery is working properly, it may be the fuse that is causing your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Ford F 350 ?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Ford F 350 . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, according to the type of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is generally linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Ford F 350 can be found.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Ford F 350
If you still have the original head unit on your Ford F 350 , your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your vehicle instruction manual if you can’t discover it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the process:
- Read the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to discover the fuse of the car radio of your Ford F 350 , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse attentively and check its status.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Ford F 350
Finally, we’ll discover the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to discover the fuse of the car radio on Ford F 350 in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Ford F 350 , in most cases you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- Behind the car radio of your Ford F 350 , you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will discover the fuse of the car radio of your Ford F 350
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to replace the fuse on your Ford F 350
You now know how to discover your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Ford F 350 , or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Ford F 350 , go to our Ford F 350 category.