Modern vehicles are more and more furnished with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also go through the down sides. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Fiat Grande Punto, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Fiat Grande Punto. To do this, first, we will discover in which situations it might be important to replace the car radio fuse of your Fiat Grande Punto, then where is the car radio fuse of your Fiat Grande Punto .
Why replace the car radio fuse on Fiat Grande Punto?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Fiat Grande Punto by the interest of changing it. You may possibly experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Fiat Grande Punto . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and check that the filament is still intact. In general, you will want to replace the fuse of the car radio of a Fiat Grande Punto when it will no longer work for no apparent reason . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is causing your issue.
Where is the head unit fuse on Fiat Grande Punto?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Fiat Grande Punto . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. Nevertheless, dependent on the kind of car radio you have it can be in two different locations. It is quite often connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will discover the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Fiat Grande Punto can be located.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Fiat Grande Punto
If you still have the original head unit on your Fiat Grande Punto, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your vehicle . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please consult your vehicle instruction manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to stick to for the rest of the procedure:
- Browse the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Fiat Grande Punto , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse attentively and verify its status.
- If it is defective, change it with a new fuse , otherwise take your vehicle to your technician so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your issue.
- After you replace the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different produce on Fiat Grande Punto
Finally, we’ll discover the circumstance of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Fiat Grande Punto in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to stick to to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Fiat Grande Punto , generally you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Fiat Grande Punto, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Fiat Grande Punto
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to replace the fuse on your Fiat Grande Punto
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Fiat Grande Punto, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Fiat Grande Punto, do not hesitate to consult our Fiat Grande Punto category.