Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the drawbacks. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Chevrolet Sonic, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse complications and specifically to find the car radio fuse on your Chevrolet Sonic. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which situations it might be important to change the motor vehicle radio fuse of your Chevrolet Sonic, then where is the car radio fuse of your Chevrolet Sonic .
Why change the car radio fuse on Chevrolet Sonic?
So let’s start our content page on the location of the car radio fuse of your Chevrolet Sonic by the benefit of changing it. You may experience like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is essential to know that a fuse functions as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Chevrolet Sonic . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact. Generally speaking, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Chevrolet Sonic when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working properly, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Chevrolet Sonic?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Chevrolet Sonic . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, dependent on the type of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is generally connected to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Chevrolet Sonic can be found.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Chevrolet Sonic
If you still have the original head unit on your Chevrolet Sonic, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your car instruction manual if you can’t locate it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Go through the instruction manual on the fuse box cover to locate the fuse of the car radio of your Chevrolet Sonic , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Remove the car radio fuse attentively and check its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , otherwise take your car to your mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Chevrolet Sonic
Finally, we’ll find out the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to locate the fuse of the car radio on Chevrolet Sonic in this situation . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Remove the car radio from your Chevrolet Sonic , usually you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Chevrolet Sonic, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will locate the fuse of the car radio of your Chevrolet Sonic
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Chevrolet Sonic
You now know how to locate your car radio fuse , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Chevrolet Sonic, or the horn fuse, don’t think twice to seek advice from our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you want more guides on the Chevrolet Sonic, go to our Chevrolet Sonic category.