Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well suffer the cons. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Chevrolet Silverado, let alone going near the fuses on it. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the car radio fuse on your Chevrolet Silverado. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it might be important to change the car radio fuse of your Chevrolet Silverado, then where is the car radio fuse of your Chevrolet Silverado .
Why change the car radio fuse on Chevrolet Silverado?
So let’s start our article on the location of the car radio fuse of your Chevrolet Silverado by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you’re not sure. It is important to know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Chevrolet Silverado . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and confirm that the filament is still intact. In general, you will want to change the fuse of the car radio of a Chevrolet Silverado when it will no longer work for no apparent explanation . If your battery is working effectively, it might be the fuse that is leading to your problem.
Where is the head unit fuse on Chevrolet Silverado?
We will now search for the fuse in the head unit of your Chevrolet Silverado . The fuse is generally a 15 amp fuse, blue in color. However, depending on the type of car radio you have it can be in two different spots. It is often linked to the 12-volt sockets on your centre console. We will find out the two places where the fuse of the car radio of your Chevrolet Silverado can be found.
Setting the fuse of the original car radio to Chevrolet Silverado
If you still have the original head unit on your Chevrolet Silverado, your fuse should be in the interior fuse box of your automobile . It should be behind a plastic cover near your driver’s seat. Please seek advice from your vehicle manual if you can’t find it. Here are the steps to follow for the rest of the process:
- Read the manual on the fuse box cover to find the fuse of the car radio of your Chevrolet Silverado , it should be noted as “radio” or “sound system”
- Take out the car radio fuse cautiously and check its status.
- If it is defective, replace it with a new fuse , in any other case take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can have a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the car radio fuse, reassemble and test your car radio.
Fuse replacement on a head unit of a different make on Chevrolet Silverado
At last, we’ll find out the case of a car radio bought in the shops, and how to find the fuse of the car radio on Chevrolet Silverado in this scenario . Here are the different steps you have to follow to access this fuse:
- Take out the car radio from your Chevrolet Silverado , generally you’ll have to use a punch to unlock the brackets on all four corners of the radio.
- At the rear of the car radio of your Chevrolet Silverado, you should see on the power supply wires a single black fuse box, open it, it is in it that you will find the fuse of the car radio of your Chevrolet Silverado
- It’s a clear glass fuse, so now you’ll be able to change the fuse on your Chevrolet Silverado
You now know how to find your car radio fuse , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Chevrolet Silverado, or the horn fuse, don’t hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Chevrolet Silverado, take a look at the Chevrolet Silverado category.