Today we’re going to discuss one more topic in the series on motor vehicle care. This is the coolant level, and specifically where to put coolant in Toyota Rav 4? For this, we will begin this guideline with a little reminder on the interest of ensuring of the coolant level of your motor vehicle, then, where to fill coolant in Toyota Rav 4? And, at last, how to make the level of this famous liquid.
Why to fill coolant level on a Toyota Rav 4?
Before we describe where the coolant is on a Toyota Rav 4, we begin our content page by reminding you what is the interest of ensuring an ideal coolant level ? The coolant of a Toyota Rav 4 has an essential action in the good performing of your engine, in truth, it will circulate in it to capture the heat generated by its procedure and transfer it to your radiator which has the mission to make it go down in temperature . It is all the more useful when outside temperatures are high or when you are driving at limited speed and natural cooling by outside air is not effective. Without coolant your engine would overheat after only a few minutes, and this would result in engine failure, hence the importance of having an ideal coolant level at all times. If your coolant level drops below the minimal level, the circulation of the coolant in the cooling system might be reduced and therefore its effectiveness might be limited or even zero if it is too low. At last, if it is too high, the pressure can be too high and cause a leak that can also cause the engine to break down.
Where to put the coolant in Toyota Rav 4?
We now proceed to the step that you are most certainly most interested in, where to put coolant in Toyota Rav 4? You are now conscious of the importance of constantly having the ideal level of this coolant. To find it is very basic, here are the different steps to allow you to locate the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Toyota Rav 4:
- Before doing anything, wait a few minutes or so for your engine to warm up so that you don’t get burned when you do the coolant level.
- Pop the hood of your motor vehicle.
- You must quickly find the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Toyota Rav 4, it is in most cases located in one of the 4 corners of your engine block, to find it you just have to look for a plastic container with a black or yellow plastic cap with a danger logo or thermometer on the top.
How to fill up the coolant level on a Toyota Rav 4?
Now that you have identify where the coolant is in your Toyota Rav 4 , we will describe how to make the level of it. Nothing could be simpler, just adhere to the few steps below:
- Buy if you don’t have any coolant in the store, it’s just cured water with antifreeze added.
- Check on the side of the expansion tank of your Toyota Rav 4 the level of the expansion tank. Just see if you are between the “min” and “max” mark, if you are more towards or below the “min” mark you can continue to follow these steps, otherwise the level of your liquid is good enough
- After waiting for the engine to cool down, you can open the coolant cap of your motor vehicle.
- Gently add coolant to the expansion tank of your Toyota Rav 4 by looking at regularly.
- Try to reach the middle of the clue on the side of your vase, don’t go over the “max” mark.
- If you’re on top of it, don’t start your engine, and with a syringe, take out the excess coolant.
If the engine of your Toyota Rav 4 warms up despite a level coolant, go through this content page, you will be able to find the causes of this problem.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Toyota Rav 4, do not hesitate to consult our Toyota Rav 4 category.