In this article we’re going to talk about one more topic in the series on motor vehicle care. This is the coolant level, and more specifically where to put coolant in Mercedes Slk? For this, we will begin this content with a little reminder on the benefit of ensuring of the coolant level of your motor vehicle, then, where to fill coolant in Mercedes Slk? And, finally, how to make the level of this famous liquid.
Why to fill coolant level on a Mercedes Slk?
Before we describe where the coolant is on a Mercedes Slk, we begin our content by reminding you what is the benefit of guaranteeing an ideal coolant level ? The coolant of a Mercedes Slk has an important objective in the good functioning of your engine unit, in fact, it will circulate in it to catch the heat produced by its process and transfer it to your radiator which has the objective to make it go down in temperature . It is all the more useful when outside temperatures are high or when you are driving at limited speed and natural cooling by outside air is not effective. Without coolant your engine unit would overheat after just a few minutes, and this would end result in engine unit failure, hence the importance of having an ideal coolant level constantly. If your coolant level drops down below the minimum level, the circulation of the coolant in the cooling system might be bothered and consequently its performance might be limited or even zero if it is too low. At last, if it is too high, the pressure can be too high and bring about a leak that can also bring about the engine unit to break down.
Where to put the coolant in Mercedes Slk?
We now proceed to the step that you are most likely most enthusiastic about, where to put coolant in Mercedes Slk? You are now aware of the importance of always having the ideal level of this coolant. To find it is very simple, here are the different steps to allow you to discover the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Mercedes Slk:
- Before doing anything, wait a few minutes or so for your engine to warm up so that you don’t get burned when you do the coolant level.
- Pop the hood of your motor vehicle.
- You must quickly find the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Mercedes Slk, it is generally based in one of the 4 corners of your engine block, to find it you just have to look for a plastic container with a black or yellow plastic cap with a danger logo or thermometer on the top.
How to fill up the coolant level on a Mercedes Slk?
Now that you have identify where the coolant is in your Mercedes Slk , we will describe how to make the level of it. Nothing could be less complicated, just stick to the few steps down below:
- Buy if you don’t have any coolant in the store, it’s just treated water with antifreeze added.
- Verify on the side of the expansion tank of your Mercedes Slk the level of the expansion tank. Just check out if you are between the “min” and “max” mark, if you are more towards or down below the “min” mark you can continue to stick to these steps, otherwise the level of your liquid is good enough
- After waiting for the engine to cool down, you can open the coolant cap of your motor vehicle.
- Gently add coolant to the expansion tank of your Mercedes Slk by looking at regularly.
- Try to reach the middle of the clue on the side of your vase, don’t go over the “max” mark.
- If you’re on top of it, don’t start your engine unit, and with a syringe, remove the excess coolant.
If the engine unit of your Mercedes Slk warms up despite a level coolant, go through this content, you will be able to find the causes of this issue.
If you need more tutorials on the Mercedes Slk, go to our Mercedes Slk category.