In this article we’re going to talk about one more subject in the series on car care. This is the coolant level, and more specifically where to put coolant in Hyundai Ix20? To do this, we will commence this content with a little reminder on the interest of making sure of the coolant level of your car, then, where to fill coolant in Hyundai Ix20? And, finally, how to make the level of this famous liquid.
Why to fill coolant level on a Hyundai Ix20?
Before we explain where the coolant is on a Hyundai Ix20, we commence our content by reminding you what is the interest of ensuring an ideal coolant level ? The coolant of a Hyundai Ix20 has an important action in the good performing of your engine, the truth is, it will circulate in it to capture the heat generated by its procedure and transfer it to your radiator which has the mission to make it go down in temperature . It is all the more useful when outside temperatures are high or when you are driving at limited speed and natural cooling by outside air is not useful. Without coolant your engine would overheat after just a few minutes, and this would end result in engine failure, hence the importance of having an ideal coolant level always. If your coolant level drops down below the minimum level, the circulation of the coolant in the cooling system may be reduced and consequently its effectiveness may be limited or even zero if it is too low. Finally, if it is too high, the pressure can be too high and cause a leak that can also cause the engine to break down.
Where to put the coolant in Hyundai Ix20?
We now move on to the step that you are likely most interested in, where to put coolant in Hyundai Ix20? You are now informed of the importance of always having the ideal level of this coolant. To locate it is very very easy, here are the different steps to allow you to find the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Hyundai Ix20:
- Before doing anything, wait a few minutes or so for your engine to warm up so that you don’t get burned when you do the coolant level.
- Pop the hood of your car.
- You must quickly locate the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Hyundai Ix20, it is in most cases based in one of the 4 corners of your engine block, to locate it you just have to look for a plastic container with a black or yellow plastic cap with a danger logo or thermometer on the top.
How to fill up the coolant level on a Hyundai Ix20?
Now that you have find out where the coolant is in your Hyundai Ix20 , we will explain how to make the level of it. Nothing could be less complicated, just stick to the few steps down below:
- Buy if you don’t have any coolant in the store, it’s just treated water with antifreeze added.
- Verify on the side of the expansion tank of your Hyundai Ix20 the level of the expansion tank. Just check out if you are between the “min” and “max” mark, if you are more towards or down below the “min” mark you can continue to follow these steps, otherwise the level of your liquid is sufficient
- After waiting for the engine to cool down, you can open the coolant cap of your car.
- Carefully add coolant to the expansion tank of your Hyundai Ix20 by looking at frequently.
- Try to reach the middle of the clue on the side of your vase, don’t go over the “max” mark.
- If you’re on top of it, don’t begin your engine, and with a syringe, take out the excess coolant.
If the engine of your Hyundai Ix20 warms up despite a level coolant, read this content, you will have the ability to find the causes of this issue.
If you need more guides on the Hyundai Ix20, go to our Hyundai Ix20 category.