Today we’re going to talk about one more matter in the series on car care. This is the coolant level, and specifically where to put coolant in Hyundai Ioniq? For this, we will commence this content page with a little reminder on the benefit of making sure of the coolant level of your car, then, where to fill coolant in Hyundai Ioniq? And, finally, how to make the level of this famous liquid.
Why to fill coolant level on a Hyundai Ioniq?
Before we show you where the coolant is on a Hyundai Ioniq, we commence our article by reminding you what is the benefit of ensuring an ideal coolant level ? The coolant of a Hyundai Ioniq has a vital action in the good performing of your engine unit, the truth is, it will circulate in it to capture the heat made by its process and transfer it to your radiator which has the objective to make it go down in temperature . It is all the more useful when outside temperatures are high or when you are driving at limited speed and natural cooling by outside air is not effective. Without coolant your engine unit would overheat after just a few minutes, and this would result in engine unit failure, hence the importance of having an ideal coolant level always. If your coolant level drops below the minimum level, the circulation of the coolant in the cooling system might be impaired and consequently its efficiency might be limited or even zero if it is too low. Finally, if it is too high, the pressure can be too high and cause a leak that can also cause the engine unit to break down.
Where to put the coolant in Hyundai Ioniq?
We now move on to the step that you are most likely most keen on, where to put coolant in Hyundai Ioniq? You are now informed of the importance of constantly having the ideal level of this coolant. To locate it is very basic, here are the different steps to allow you to find the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Hyundai Ioniq:
- Before doing anything, wait a few minutes or so for your engine to warm up so that you don’t get burned when you do the coolant level.
- Pop the hood of your car.
- You must quickly locate the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Hyundai Ioniq, it is usually found in one of the 4 corners of your engine block, to locate it you just have to look for a plastic container with a black or yellow plastic cap with a danger logo or thermometer on the top.
How to fill up the coolant level on a Hyundai Ioniq?
Now that you have identify where the coolant is in your Hyundai Ioniq , we will show you how to make the level of it. Nothing could be simpler, just follow the few steps below:
- Buy if you don’t have any coolant in the store, it’s just cured water with antifreeze added.
- Check on the side of the expansion tank of your Hyundai Ioniq the level of the expansion tank. Just check out if you are between the “min” and “max” mark, if you are more towards or below the “min” mark you can continue to stick to these steps, otherwise the level of your liquid is sufficient
- After waiting for the engine to cool down, you can open the coolant cap of your car.
- Softly add coolant to the expansion tank of your Hyundai Ioniq by checking repeatedly.
- Try to reach the middle of the clue on the side of your vase, don’t go over the “max” mark.
- If you’re on top of it, don’t start your engine unit, and with a syringe, take out the excess coolant.
If the engine unit of your Hyundai Ioniq warms up despite a level coolant, browse this article, you will be able to find the causes of this issue.
To find more tips on the Hyundai Ioniq, take a look at the Hyundai Ioniq category.