Today we’re going to tackle one more matter in the series on car care. This is the coolant level, and more specifically where to put coolant in Dodge Ram? To do this, we will start this guideline with a little reminder on the interest of ensuring of the coolant level of your car, then, where to fill coolant in Dodge Ram? And, at last, how to make the level of this famous liquid.
Why to fill coolant level on a Dodge Ram?
Before we show you where the coolant is on a Dodge Ram, we start our content page by reminding you what is the interest of guaranteeing an ideal coolant level ? The coolant of a Dodge Ram has an important function in the good functioning of your engine unit, in truth, it will circulate in it to catch the heat generated by its operation and transfer it to your radiator which has the objective to make it go down in temperature . It is all the more useful when outside temperatures are high or when you are driving at limited speed and natural cooling by outside air is not effective. Without coolant your engine unit would overheat after just a few minutes, and this would end result in engine unit failure, hence the importance of having an ideal coolant level constantly. If your coolant level drops below the minimal level, the circulation of the coolant in the cooling system might be reduced and therefore its efficiency might be limited or even zero if it is too low. At last, if it is too high, the pressure can be too high and cause a leak that can also cause the engine unit to break down.
Where to put the coolant in Dodge Ram?
We now move on to the step that you are probably most keen on, where to put coolant in Dodge Ram? You are now informed of the importance of constantly having the ideal level of this coolant. To locate it is very very easy, here are the different steps to allow you to discover the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Dodge Ram:
- Before doing anything, wait a few minutes or so for your engine to warm up so that you don’t get burned when you do the coolant level.
- Pop the hood of your car.
- You must quickly locate the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Dodge Ram, it is generally based in one of the 4 corners of your engine block, to locate it you just have to look for a plastic container with a black or yellow plastic cap with a danger logo or thermometer on the top.
How to fill up the coolant level on a Dodge Ram?
Now that you have identify where the coolant is in your Dodge Ram , we will show you how to make the level of it. Nothing could be simpler, just stick to the few steps below:
- Buy if you don’t have any coolant in the store, it’s just cured water with antifreeze added.
- Verify on the side of the expansion tank of your Dodge Ram the level of the expansion tank. Just see if you are between the “min” and “max” mark, if you are more towards or below the “min” mark you can continue to follow these steps, otherwise the level of your liquid is sufficient
- After waiting for the engine to cool down, you can open the coolant cap of your car.
- Gently add coolant to the expansion tank of your Dodge Ram by looking at frequently.
- Try to reach the middle of the clue on the side of your vase, don’t go over the “max” mark.
- If you’re on top of it, don’t start your engine unit, and with a syringe, take out the excess coolant.
If the engine unit of your Dodge Ram warms up despite a level coolant, read this content page, you will be able to find the causes of this problem.
If you need more tutorials on the Dodge Ram, go to our Dodge Ram category.