Today we’re going to talk about one more subject in the series on car care. This is the coolant level, and specifically where to put coolant in Citroen Ds5? For this, we will start this content page with a little reminder on the interest of ensuring of the coolant level of your car, then, where to fill coolant in Citroen Ds5? And, at last, how to make the level of this famous liquid.
Why to fill coolant level on a Citroen Ds5?
Before we show you where the coolant is on a Citroen Ds5, we start our article by reminding you what is the interest of ensuring an ideal coolant level ? The coolant of a Citroen Ds5 has an important action in the good functioning of your engine unit, in reality, it will circulate in it to catch the heat generated by its process and transfer it to your radiator which has the mission to make it go down in temperature . It is all the more useful when outside temperatures are high or when you are driving at limited speed and natural cooling by outside air is not useful. Without coolant your engine unit would overheat after just a few minutes, and this would end result in engine unit failure, hence the importance of having an ideal coolant level at all times. If your coolant level drops below the minimal level, the circulation of the coolant in the cooling system might be bothered and therefore its effectiveness might be limited or even zero if it is too low. Finally, if it is too high, the pressure can be too high and trigger a leak that can also trigger the engine unit to break down.
Where to put the coolant in Citroen Ds5?
We now proceed to the step that you are likely most enthusiastic about, where to put coolant in Citroen Ds5? You are now informed of the importance of always having the ideal level of this coolant. To identify it is very basic, here are the different steps to allow you to find the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Citroen Ds5:
- Before doing anything, wait a few minutes or so for your engine to warm up so that you don’t get burned when you do the coolant level.
- Pop the hood of your car.
- You must quickly identify the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your Citroen Ds5, it is generally found in one of the 4 corners of your engine block, to identify it you just have to look for a plastic container with a black or yellow plastic cap with a danger logo or thermometer on the top.
How to fill up the coolant level on a Citroen Ds5?
Now that you have find out where the coolant is in your Citroen Ds5 , we will show you how to make the level of it. Nothing could be easier, just follow the few steps below:
- Buy if you don’t have any coolant in the store, it’s just treated water with antifreeze added.
- Check on the side of the expansion tank of your Citroen Ds5 the level of the expansion tank. Just see if you are between the “min” and “max” mark, if you are more towards or below the “min” mark you can continue to follow these steps, otherwise the level of your liquid is enough
- After waiting for the engine to cool down, you can open the coolant cap of your car.
- Softly add coolant to the expansion tank of your Citroen Ds5 by looking at repeatedly.
- Try to reach the middle of the clue on the side of your vase, don’t go over the “max” mark.
- If you’re on top of it, don’t start your engine unit, and with a syringe, remove the excess coolant.
If the engine unit of your Citroen Ds5 warms up despite a level coolant, read this article, you will be able to find the causes of this problem.
To discover more tips on the Citroen Ds5, take a look at the Citroen Ds5 category.