Today we’re going to tackle one more topic in the series on motor vehicle care. This is the coolant level, and more specifically where to put coolant in BMW 3 Series? For this, we will start this article with a little reminder on the benefit of making sure of the coolant level of your motor vehicle, then, where to fill coolant in BMW 3 Series? And, at last, how to make the level of this famous liquid.
Why to fill coolant level on a BMW 3 Series?
Before we explain where the coolant is on a BMW 3 Series, we start our content page by reminding you what is the benefit of ensuring an ideal coolant level ? The coolant of a BMW 3 Series has a vital function in the good performing of your engine, in fact, it will circulate in it to catch the heat generated by its process and transfer it to your radiator which has the mission to produce it go down in temperature . It is all the more useful when outside temperatures are high or when you are driving at limited speed and natural cooling by outside air is not effective. Without coolant your engine would overheat after just a few minutes, and this would result in engine failure, hence the importance of having an ideal coolant level always. If your coolant level drops down below the lowest level, the circulation of the coolant in the cooling system might be reduced and therefore its performance might be limited or even zero if it is too low. At last, if it is too high, the pressure can be too high and cause a leak that can also cause the engine to break down.
Where to put the coolant in BMW 3 Series?
We now move on to the step that you are almost certainly most keen on, where to put coolant in BMW 3 Series? You are now aware of the importance of always having the ideal level of this coolant. To identify it is very very easy, here are the different steps to allow you to discover the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your BMW 3 Series:
- Before doing anything, wait a few minutes or so for your engine to warm up so that you don’t get burned when you do the coolant level.
- Pop the hood of your motor vehicle.
- You must quickly identify the expansion tank that contains the coolant of your BMW 3 Series, it is generally based in one of the 4 corners of your engine block, to identify it you just have to look for a plastic container with a black or yellow plastic cap with a danger logo or thermometer on the top.
How to fill up the coolant level on a BMW 3 Series?
Now that you have find out where the coolant is in your BMW 3 Series , we will explain how to produce the level of it. Nothing could be simpler, just stick to the few steps down below:
- Buy if you don’t have any coolant in the store, it’s just treated water with antifreeze added.
- Verify on the side of the expansion tank of your BMW 3 Series the level of the expansion tank. Just check out if you are between the “min” and “max” mark, if you are more towards or down below the “min” mark you can continue to stick to these steps, in any other case the level of your liquid is enough
- After waiting for the engine to cool down, you can open the coolant cap of your motor vehicle.
- Softly add coolant to the expansion tank of your BMW 3 Series by checking repeatedly.
- Try to reach the middle of the clue on the side of your vase, don’t go over the “max” mark.
- If you’re on top of it, don’t start your engine, and with a syringe, remove the excess coolant.
If the engine of your BMW 3 Series warms up despite a level coolant, go through this content page, you will have the ability to find the causes of this problem.
To get more tips on the BMW 3 Series, take a look at the BMW 3 Series category.