Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we however as well suffer the cons. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Routan, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly impact the comfort of your vehicle. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and specifically to locate the turn signal fuse on your Volkswagen Routan. To get this done, first, we will see in which situations it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Volkswagen Routan, then where is the turn signal fuse on Volkswagen Routan .
Why replace blinker fuses on Volkswagen Routan?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Volkswagen Routan by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if your turn signal does not work on Volkswagen Routan anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should note that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Routan . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Volkswagen Routan when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Volkswagen Routan?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Volkswagen Routan is. The turn indicators are related to some electronic components and there might be some fuses related to it on your motor vehicle depending on the year and options it has. However, furthermore to the fuses, there is as well a relay that handles the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Volkswagen Routan .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Volkswagen Routan
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Volkswagen Routan’s turn signs. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Volkswagen Routan.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Volkswagen Routan , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your auto technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Volkswagen Routan
Finally, we will now see how to check the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volkswagen Routan, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Routan, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more tutorials on the Volkswagen Routan, go to our Volkswagen Routan category.