Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however as well undergo the cons. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Jetta, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to discover the turn signal fuse on your Volkswagen Jetta. To do this, first, we will discover in which scenarios it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Volkswagen Jetta, then where is the turn signal fuse on Volkswagen Jetta .
Why replace blinker fuses on Volkswagen Jetta?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Volkswagen Jetta by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In truth, if your turn signal does not work on Volkswagen Jetta anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse acts as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Jetta . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. Generally, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Volkswagen Jetta when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Volkswagen Jetta?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Volkswagen Jetta is. The turn indicators are linked to several electronic elements and there may be several fuses linked to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that handles the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your Volkswagen Jetta .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Volkswagen Jetta
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Volkswagen Jetta’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Volkswagen Jetta.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your Volkswagen Jetta , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Volkswagen Jetta
Finally, we will now discover how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volkswagen Jetta, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Jetta, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you wish more guides on the Volkswagen Jetta, go to our Volkswagen Jetta category.