Modern cars are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we however also suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Volkswagen Crafter 2, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly impact the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to discover the turn signal fuse on your Volkswagen Crafter 2. To achieve this, first, we will find out in which circumstances it might be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Volkswagen Crafter 2, then where is the turn signal fuse on Volkswagen Crafter 2 .
Why replace blinker fuses on Volkswagen Crafter 2?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Volkswagen Crafter 2 by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In fact, if your turn signal does not work on Volkswagen Crafter 2 anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should note that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Volkswagen Crafter 2 . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a specific tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to replace the turn signal fuse of a Volkswagen Crafter 2 when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent explanation .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Volkswagen Crafter 2?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Volkswagen Crafter 2 is. The turn indicators are related to several electronic components and there might be several fuses related to it on your car based on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that manages the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your Volkswagen Crafter 2 .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Volkswagen Crafter 2
We will first look into the internal fuses of your Volkswagen Crafter 2’s turn signals. For this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact location thanks to the manual of your Volkswagen Crafter 2.
- Read the instruction manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your Volkswagen Crafter 2 , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your car to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Volkswagen Crafter 2
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Volkswagen Crafter 2, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Volkswagen Crafter 2, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If perhaps you have any further questions about the Volkswagen Crafter 2, do not hesitate to consult our Volkswagen Crafter 2 category.