Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the disadvantages. Most of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Toyota Yaris, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly effect the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and especially to find the turn signal fuse on your Toyota Yaris. To get this done, first, we will find out in which situations it may be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Toyota Yaris, then where is the turn signal fuse on Toyota Yaris .
Why change blinker fuses on Toyota Yaris?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Toyota Yaris by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Toyota Yaris anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should note that a fuse acts as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Toyota Yaris . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual check. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Toyota Yaris when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Toyota Yaris?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Toyota Yaris is. The turn indicators are connected to several electronic elements and there may be several fuses connected to it on your car depending on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Toyota Yaris .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Toyota Yaris
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Toyota Yaris’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Toyota Yaris.
- Go through the manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Toyota Yaris , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your car to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Toyota Yaris
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your car. To get this done, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Toyota Yaris, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is generally the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Toyota Yaris, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more guides on the Toyota Yaris, go to our Toyota Yaris category.