Modern vehicles are more and more built with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also go through the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Toyota FJ Cruiser, let alone going near the fuses on it. Regrettably, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will undoubtedly effect the comfort of your car. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the turn signal fuse on your Toyota FJ Cruiser. To do this, first, we will see in which situations it may be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Toyota FJ Cruiser, then where is the turn signal fuse on Toyota FJ Cruiser .
Why change blinker fuses on Toyota FJ Cruiser?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Toyota FJ Cruiser by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if your turn signal does not work on Toyota FJ Cruiser anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should note that a fuse acts as a security unit to prevent overvoltage on your Toyota FJ Cruiser . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Toyota FJ Cruiser when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent cause .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Toyota FJ Cruiser?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Toyota FJ Cruiser is. The turn indicators are connected to some electronic components and there may be some fuses connected to it on your car based on the year and options it has. On the other hand, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Toyota FJ Cruiser .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Toyota FJ Cruiser
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Toyota FJ Cruiser’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact position thanks to the manual of your Toyota FJ Cruiser.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Toyota FJ Cruiser , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your technician so that he can take a closer look at the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your car, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Toyota FJ Cruiser
Finally, we will now see how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your car. To do this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Toyota FJ Cruiser, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your car , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Toyota FJ Cruiser, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Toyota FJ Cruiser, go to our Toyota FJ Cruiser category.