Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we unfortunately as well undergo the cons. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Subaru Legacy, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some options like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably effect the comfort of your vehicle. In this article, we will try to help you to solve your fuse problems and specifically to locate the turn signal fuse on your Subaru Legacy. To achieve this, first, we will see in which circumstances it might be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Subaru Legacy, then where is the turn signal fuse on Subaru Legacy .
Why change blinker fuses on Subaru Legacy?
So let’s start our content on the location of theblinker fuse of your Subaru Legacy by the benefit of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Subaru Legacy anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should consider that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Subaru Legacy . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a simple visual verify. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Subaru Legacy when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Subaru Legacy?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Subaru Legacy is. The turn indicators are connected to several electronic elements and there might be several fuses connected to it on your motor vehicle based on the year and options it has. On the other hand, in addition to the fuses, there is as well a relay that controls the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one at a time help you locate the fuse and turn signal relay on your Subaru Legacy .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Subaru Legacy
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Subaru Legacy’s turn signs. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t locate it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will locate its exact location thanks to the manual of your Subaru Legacy.
- Browse the manual on the cover of the fuse box to locate the turn signal fuse(s) of your Subaru Legacy , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, replace it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Subaru Legacy
Finally, we will now see how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To achieve this, you will need to go to your engine compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Subaru Legacy, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is in most cases the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or replace it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Subaru Legacy, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our web content dedicated to these fuses.
To get more tips on the Subaru Legacy, take a look at the Subaru Legacy category.