Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also undergo the down sides. Most of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mitsubishi Lancer, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will inevitably impact the comfort of your car. In this post, we will try to help you to resolve your fuse problems and specifically to discover the turn signal fuse on your Mitsubishi Lancer. To do this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it might be important to change the turn indicator fuse on your Mitsubishi Lancer, then where is the turn signal fuse on Mitsubishi Lancer .
Why change blinker fuses on Mitsubishi Lancer?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Mitsubishi Lancer by the interest of changing it. You might feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. In actual fact, if your turn signal does not work on Mitsubishi Lancer anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the cause. You should know that a fuse acts as a security device to prevent overvoltage on your Mitsubishi Lancer . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual check. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Mitsubishi Lancer when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Mitsubishi Lancer?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Mitsubishi Lancer is. The turn indicators are linked to several electronic components and there might be several fuses linked to it on your motor vehicle depending on the year and options it has. However, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that controls the resolve operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you discover the fuse and turn signal relay on your Mitsubishi Lancer .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Mitsubishi Lancer
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Mitsubishi Lancer’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t discover it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will discover its exact position thanks to the manual of your Mitsubishi Lancer.
- Go through the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to discover the turn signal fuse(s) of your Mitsubishi Lancer , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your car to your auto technician so that he can take a closer check out the cause of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Mitsubishi Lancer
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mitsubishi Lancer, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the position of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mitsubishi Lancer, or the horn fuse, do not hesitate to consult our web content dedicated to these fuses.
If you need more tutorials on the Mitsubishi Lancer, go to our Mitsubishi Lancer category.