Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and although this brings us comfort, we unfortunately also suffer the down sides. The majority of us are not comfortable with anything electrical on our Mercedes Benz S Class, let alone going near the fuses on it. Unfortunately, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will unavoidably affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this article, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the turn signal fuse on your Mercedes Benz S Class. To do this, first, we will find out in which scenarios it might be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Mercedes Benz S Class, then where is the turn signal fuse on Mercedes Benz S Class .
Why change blinker fuses on Mercedes Benz S Class?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Mercedes Benz S Class by the interest of changing it. You may feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Obviously, if your turn signal does not work on Mercedes Benz S Class anymore, if you have already verify that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should consider that a fuse acts as a safety device to prevent overvoltage on your Mercedes Benz S Class . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can verify them and verify that the filament is still intact with a basic visual verify. In general, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Mercedes Benz S Class when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Mercedes Benz S Class?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Mercedes Benz S Class is. The turn indicators are linked to several electronic elements and there might be several fuses linked to it on your motor vehicle based on the year and options it has. Nevertheless, furthermore to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the correct operation of your air conditioning. We will one by one help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Mercedes Benz S Class .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Mercedes Benz S Class
We will first concentrate on the internal fuses of your Mercedes Benz S Class’s turn signs. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, please be aware that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Mercedes Benz S Class.
- Go through the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Mercedes Benz S Class , verify all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Take out the turn signal fuse(s) attentively with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them fails, change it with a new fuse. As a last solution, you can take your vehicle to your auto mechanic so that he can take a closer check out the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Mercedes Benz S Class
Finally, we will now find out how to verify the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Mercedes Benz S Class, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Check the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or verify your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are in search of other fuses like the starter fuse on Mercedes Benz S Class, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to seek advice from our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
To find more tips on the Mercedes Benz S Class, take a look at the Mercedes Benz S Class category.