Modern vehicles are more and more equipped with technology and nevertheless this brings us comfort, we regrettably also go through the disadvantages. The majority of us are uncomfortable with anything electrical on our Kia Sportage, let alone going near the fuses on it. Sadly, summers are getting hotter and hotter, and some features like air conditioning are indispensable, so an air conditioning failure will obviously affect the comfort of your vehicle. In this post, we will try to help you to fix your fuse problems and especially to find the turn signal fuse on your Kia Sportage. To do this, first, we will find out in which situations it may be relevant to change the turn indicator fuse on your Kia Sportage, then where is the turn signal fuse on Kia Sportage .
Why change blinker fuses on Kia Sportage?
So let’s start our article on the location of theblinker fuse of your Kia Sportage by the benefit of changing it. You may possibly feel like your fuse is blown but you are not sure. Indeed, if your turn signal does not work on Kia Sportage anymore, if you have already check that the bulb isn’t blown, it is highly possible that the fuse is the trigger. You should consider that a fuse acts as a safety unit to prevent overvoltage on your Kia Sportage . It will be a resistor, of a filament, more or less thick, which will let pass a certain tension and which will break if the tension is too strong. Hence the fact that they are transparent, you can check them and verify that the filament is still intact with a very easy visual check. Generally speaking, you will want to change the turn signal fuse of a Kia Sportage when it doesn’t work anymore for no apparent reason .
Where is the turn signal fuse on Kia Sportage?
We will now look for where the blinker fuse on your Kia Sportage is. The turn indicators are linked to some electronic elements and there may be some fuses linked to it on your motor vehicle based on the year and options it has. On the other hand, in addition to the fuses, there is also a relay that handles the solve operation of your air conditioning. We will one after the other help you find the fuse and turn signal relay on your Kia Sportage .
Replacement of the internal turning indicator fuses of your Kia Sportage
We will first focus on the internal fuses of your Kia Sportage’s turn signals. To do this you will have to go to the fuse box of your car . If you can’t find it, take note that it is close to your steering wheel, you will find its exact location thanks to the manual of your Kia Sportage.
- Read the owners manual on the cover of the fuse box to find the turn signal fuse(s) of your Kia Sportage , check all the fuses with the word “lights” in their names.
- Remove the turn signal fuse(s) carefully with pliers and check the state of the filament.
- If one of them breaks down, change it with a new fuse. As a last remedy, you can take your vehicle to your mechanic so that he can take a closer look at the trigger of your problem.
- After you change the turn indicator fuse in your motor vehicle, reassemble and test your lights.
Replacement of the turn signal fuse relay of your Kia Sportage
Finally, we will now find out how to check the status of the blinker relay in your motor vehicle. To do this, you will need to go to your engine unit compartment side:
- Open the fuse box of your Kia Sportage, it’s close to your battery under a plastic cover.
- Verify the inside of the cover for the location of the turn signal relay, or check your instruction manual if you can’t find it. This is usually the air conditioning compressor relay.
- Reverse the relay with another relay to test your turning lights, or change it with a new one
You now know how to find the turn signal fuse of your motor vehicle , if you are looking for other fuses like the starter fuse on Kia Sportage, or the horn fuse, do not think twice to consult our content articles dedicated to these fuses.
If you have any further questions about the Kia Sportage, do not hesitate to consult our Kia Sportage category.